Saturday, March 3, 2012

What do I write in this statement?



I received this email from classmate on late Friday.


Hey classmates,
friday the professor said that everyone should have “CREATIVE PROJECT STATEMENT” or a set of notes on a person we have to do research on. But I’m not sure what she meant can anyone elaborate. Can that person be anyone?
Email it if you have it.
Thanks.



I replied from my android phone.



Hi 
This is about your end of the semester creative project. The detail is on the packet our professor distributed several weeks ago.
If you don't have that packet, I suggest you contact prof. directly. I can't describe the detail in email.
And No, not just anyone.
It has to be about notable figures from the period we covered, or will cover. 

     So, I'm trying to remember this girl, if she was in the classroom when the assignment was announced. I couldn't remember. I was thinking that she also doesn't know what exactly the creative project is about, which we are going to actually pick one of the art form, essentially to dedicate out art to that historical figure. 

The assignment she already missed (This email was sent after the class on Friday. So, she is, at this point late for the assignment itself.) was just a page statement of which historical figure you chosen with which format you are planning to make an artwork for. 

Each of the artwork format has some examples and descriptions of what was to be expected for the final product, and the process requirements leading to that actual product, for example, the research, journal, bibliography and other additional notes to be documented.

------------------
After my reply, she sent me this.
--------
i just want to know how to write the statement, is it just a few notes about the a person in our books we covered, or will cover? for now. 

that was due today 


--
I'm sort of remembering this idiot
She was supposed to contribute to our group, doing research on one of Dostoevsky's literature in regarding to the Russian Realism.  She didn't show up on the presentation day. 
Her loss. Not mine. 

And she is asking me what to write? Obviously she doesn't know what the ultimate assignment (creative project) is about. 
And she says, "For now"?  And I FUCKING know today was the due date, because I did my assignment.

WHO THE FUCK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS!!! 

So I just simply replied :
As far as content of what to write, I cannot tell you because its up to you.
You may still want to include the reason and what format you work on.
Good luck

Then she sent me this :

I saw that some of the students gave her a page or two of notes. If I chose John Milton then I write a few notes about him to show I been doing researcher on him like.

John Milton was born 9 December 1608 and died 8 November 1674. John Milton was an English poet.... etc


++++++++++++
Oh wait a fucking minute... SHE was THERE in the class today? 

And, No, idiot, That is not what you need to write. 

I already told you, you will basically pick a person, which art format you are planning to produce, and maybe add some reason for choosing either. 
NOT what or who this person is. 

And, you know what? 

Most of us haven't even started on research. Haha

(I already have done thorough research in last 6 years or so, so I just construct my journal out of my knowledge and bibliography. )

No comments:

Post a Comment