Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Classical music hunks...

As you know, I already have a blog link to *Barihunk* sites, which specialize in Baritone opera singers coverage.  I love this site because they don't go into snobby concert critique. Their posts are solely based on pretty stage pictures!

I am not going to establish blog about classical music, because they are just part of me. So I decided to cover whatever I run into, when ever.

Erwin Schrott, who is among the favorites of Barihunk site, already had been covered in here as well. His performance in La Scala last year has been somewhat unfavorable among opera fans, but if they want fat ugly baritone, thats their thing. They need to grew out of that snobby mentality.

Here are my two favorites from Strings division.

David Garrett, violin (Germany) Ah.... yea. I didn't know he had tattoo... *fans self*.  The violin he is holding, isn't some cheap violin shaped object. That is REAL Stradivarius . He appeared in Banana Republic ad. He is doing some crossover stuff that I really could care less, but he can play. I totally understand, he couldn't make nearly anything, if he was in traditional classical circuit, so more power to him. His prettiness should be exploited while its hot. lol Hey, there were Franz Liszt back in 19th century. Why he shouldn't be?

Gautier Capuçon, Cello (France)
He is from France, very talented family. (his brother is also a virtuoso violinist)  I first encountered his performance through video performance with famous virtuosa pianist Martha Argerich. Their performance of Chopin's rarely performed Polonaise Op.3 gives me goosebumps still to this day.  Not to mention, his French accent on top of his cello. (I am pondering about buying a cello myself. lol)


There have been a lot of pretty female classical performers before, not to mention barrage of  beautiful opera divas, but some strange reason, male classical musicians always neglected their stage presentation. lol 
I can understand person like David Garrett don't see any future in traditional stage. He can reach broader audience if he is able to sell sex with his Strad.  Worn out sneaker and Strad? Why not?  I'm all for it, if it could attract more people to classical music. 











No comments:

Post a Comment