Thursday, August 12, 2010

Music that I'm currently working on.

I really play a couple of instruments for real.
Here are examples of classical pieces I'm working on.

Piano
All kinds of Chopin. lol Yea Last semester, I only played Chopin's pieces the whole semester. People probably getting tired of it.  6 or 7 Waltz, all memorized. Yet, more Chopin.
During the summer, my instructor suggested that I should start working on advanced pieces.
So here are few of fairly advanced pieces.

Chopin- Scherzo #2  B flat minor
Bach Well-tempered Klavier book 2 Prelude No24 in B minor  (BWV893)
Liszt Liebestraume #3  (memorized and pretty much done)

I like this last prelude from Well-Tempered Klavier. Really catchy and happy, although it is written in minor key. Come to think of it,Tetris people could have used this prelude instead of Menuet from French Suite.

In my applied music class (performance study), there are few people who had performed game music pieces last semester. (i.e. Super Mario, Pokemon Final Fantasy... etc.) So, I'm sure, playing French suite could get some chuckles out of my classmates without offending my professor. LMAO  He is not really stickler about the genre of the piece, so, game music isn't the problem. But many students just play it without putting any thought or effort to preparing the piece. That's what it gets him.


... 
The plan that I made at the end of last semester was totally different. LOL  However, I wasn't really motivated enough to learn Shostakovich  nor Beethoven Sonatas. I hope my applied music professor wasn't paying attention to the foot notes I added on my practice journal I turned in last semester.  Good thing, there are tons of classical music pieces out there for me to learn, so I should be all right, even if the plan has changed a bit. 



For Violin

Bach - Partita #2 Allemande
Fritz Kreisler - Schoen Rosmarin
Again, my crappy bow doesn't bounce, so I can't really play this piece. For this piece, definitely needing a better bow. My current violin is totally fine for playing this piece.
I know for a fact that better bow would help me tremendously both for the technical aspect of playing and a projection of the sound.  (Cha-ching! 700$)

^^^^^^^^^^^
Heh, this doesn't make me look like I"m depressed. I guess I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment