Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Assumptions and Facts...

...are not the same thing.

Happy New Year. I'm enjoying my time out from my regularly schedule. lol I hang out in Trans and renew some of my longstanding friendship from old time sake.

Although I have logged in weekly to purge IM and receive notecard, I have not done any shopping, or catching up with the change in SL. One of the big one being mesh and menu/function change.
+++

That is not what I wanted to write today. I wanted to talk about this avatar started to hanging around Trans from not too long ago, I suppose. As my rule of thumb is that, I do not assume anything about anyone, if I can help it. I will be polite, and certainly not going to be abrasive without any reason or provocation.

And there is this avatar. She is probably trying too hard to fit in. Her superficial being just grates my nerve ending every time she opens her mouth.  A couple of days ago, I totally blocked her, so I don't have to suffer the nonsense while I socialize with people who matters to me.

Maybe I should have permanently muted her. For I probably won't miss anything. But open minded person that I am, I unblocked her. And happens again, again, and again.

There she is, she doesn't seem to understand that some jokes are meant for the people who have been known each other for sometime, and not for the random person. You don't have to explain it. Any marginally educated person with average intelligent should be able to tell if it is a right time to say certain things to certain group of people.
I actually tolerate a lot of immaturity if I know the person/persons. It takes a lot to actually upset me. I rant, but most of the time, I rant because its funny. I don't rant because I'm really angry nor because I am affected personally.

---
I was there, because Trans recently(like several month ago. lol) hired sexy German DJ, and I just adore her accents and personality from the first day I saw her.
So, she introduced next song, and with her lovely accent, she commented that its about the BDSM scene and people who belong to that category.  I know a lot of people in Japan that belong to that scene and fetish clubs and the conversation naturally went to that direction.

Arcy was asking me if I was dominant or submissive, I answered I'm inclined to be dominant naturally, but I could switch for the right person. If anyone knows anything about what that means, the next question should be something in the line of ... that is interesting, how so? or that is not something you hear everyday...

Then, boom.

That avatar jumps in and makes following comments.

"I would take you for switcher, too. Fred."

.. if you know me already, you know the awkward silence that followed. And you know why she grates my nerve. It could have been interesting conversation with the DJ, instead, I had to cut her off before she thinks its cool to assume anything about me. Moreover, she should not mistaken her own imagination and assumption for a fact.

"I don't think you know me that well."

It is the truth. I don't know her, and at this point, I don't care to know her.
I only said, I switch for a right person. I did not elaborate why or what, nor explained what I like or what I don't like. I did not define what the dominant/submissive/switch is about, and I did not explicate where I stand as a simple definition of "dominant".
And this avatar went so far to define me as switcher for as far as I know, she has no knowledge of anything.

I may be switch. It is a fact, but her assumption is not based on the fact. It was an inference, or ignorant presumption, not even based on the conversation or what she learned of me from the last few days, watching me.
If anyone is remotely intelligent enough to make a conjecture about my character by a week worth of observation and conversation, she should have known not to make that assumption in the first place.

See? I don't judge people, but those people open their mouth and just give it away.

If she thinks that her assumption is close enough to the fact and therefore it is good enough, I really don't have any value for her opinion either.

Assumptions based on imagination has nothing to do with the fact. Although I accept other people's opinion, if that opinion is not based on facts, then that again, has no value.


Did she make that hypothesis based on her close and objective observation of me?

No.

..................

And again, I tell you like it is. Because you are entitled to my opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment