Monday, August 25, 2008

I dont like to rent shopping mall

I receive a lot of notecard/ spams from random mall owners. I really want to report spam to LL but since those spam never follow up on the offer, so all I have to do is ignore and likely receive second spam from same business. (I doubt that any of them survived two months. )

However, I read the offer. Often generic and boring. It is unclear that who is the owner, why I would trust them enough to have business with them, etc etc. If it is a business, they should treat themselves as such. I check the sender's profile, and they are near blank or newly created avatar. I was not born yesterday.

Then, I have read mall owners on some forums that they dont have to cator to creators, nor worship those business owners who rent their space... because it is a business and they have to make money, too. LOL wow what a concept.
HOw ignorant and immature to the point of naivete. Yes it is a business, so you have to make an effort to negotiate and make a deal. If that is the *catoring* and against their business philosophy, then they are in the wrong business. LMAO ROFL.

We, as a business owners ask for free rent for few weeks, if we are not the one asking to rent. We ask for free prims, because we know how to negotiate. We ask for discounts, because that is how the business works. We compare the price with other mall and ask for price match. Of course, we do.
That is not asking for charity or favor. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE BUSINESS.
They do not have to take that personally. All you have to do is make a counter offer. If you think 4 weeks free rent is too much, then make a counter offer of 2 Free weeks. We may counter counter offer for 3. You may or may not want to do that, because having an empty mall does not create4 new traffic.

As a experienced shopper, I avoid shopping malls. If I do search for certain creator, and if that person has few location to choose from, I pick main store, which rarely located in shopping mall.

If my choice is limited to shopping mall and I can't find the store where I landed. Then... LISTEN to this... I will leave. YES. IF I see the tp machine where I landed. I will at least wait for it to rez, but that is all I would do.

So, other business owners. Check your rented location. Tp to the shopping mall you are rented. can you find your location where you landed? If the answer is No, you should stop rent that mall.

It has nothing to do with worshipping creators nor catoring store owners. It is about making your business worth to the shoppers and renters.
Simple is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment