Friday, May 15, 2009

Another classical concert preview...

(Note: I have to cancel the invitation, since we (me and my charges) are all plagued with persistent cough for weeks now... I am so bummed that the fact this might be the last opportunity to see her as a top performing artist. Oh well. )

I get to go to certain American soprano diva's concert tomorrow.

This singer, I had purchased her CD's in the past, so I have been quite curious to see the actual performance of hers. Her career as a diva opera singer was mostly behind when I moved here in US, and at that time, I couldn't afford to travel and chase her performance career.

According to the symphony musician who will perform with her, she has been very difficult to deal with, musically, as a musician and as a person. LOL (yea, that is always the case with diva.) I was already warned that, since she didn't really participate fully in the rehearsal session, can't guarantee the performance quality...

I suppose the mostly oblivious audience will be happy to see some well known performer, but the juicy story like this, is much more interesting. It sucks, that the artist starts to act out some cliche, by doing that diminishing the respect from fellow musicians. They may not have to earn the respect from *uneducated audience* but certainly, the respect from musicians who perform with them, count as something...

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment