Friday, June 6, 2008

Anachronism of pixel life

As many of my friends already know, I have strong leaning towards anachronism in most aspects of life.

And more so in mind, comparing to the aesthetics.

One of the disappointment usually come from seemingly *period oriented community* of people, who has no knowledges nor understanding of period idealism, likely turned out to be just a geek who sit in front of computer, sometimes dressed like robot or sometimes dressed like Victorian gentile... nothing more than a Halloween costume party to them.

My internal anarchism does not conflict with my anachronism. After all, there were the times of revolutions and wars.
There were forward thinking people 200 years ago.
And then,there were libertines and atheists.

They are just a handful of honest people, who were labeled and branded as rebels by larger society who only follows whatever they society dictates.

To them, just to avoid conflict and conform to the society is not the purpose of their life.

Neither am I. I do not give a damn to be agreeable so I can be approved by undecided masses. I only tell the truth, whether if it hurt or not. The truth, has nothing to do with me. I cannot change it. It is as it is.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think you'll end up chained to some prim mountain with vipers dripping poison upon your brow. Who did you piss off this time? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly no one. As you know, my ass is tied up in front of my TV, watching Sean Bean.

    As for the viper poison torture... i have yet to find anyone who is brave enough to administer that to me.

    ReplyDelete