Thursday, June 5, 2008

Disorganized organizers...

In the recent official Linden blog, SL5B (5th anniversary event) is extended and application of both exhibitors and staff volunteers.
Everett Linden also stated in bold letters that *multi lingual residents are highly sought*...

I checked the link to the wiki page for this event, yet there are no indication that what kind of *multi lingual positions* are sought.

I contacted Dusty Linden who is in charge of SL5B event inworld, and s/he only refer a name of another resident to me, without availability of specific positions.

---this is so called *run-around* that how the LL deal with anything, as anyone in this game in period of time...

Then, I contact resident organizer, and it seems that she has no clue about *multi lingual position was sought by LL... What she asked me was that "we need everything , from security to greeters to builders..."

Huh?

OK, the event will run in the matter of few weeks...

and the staff incharge do not even have notecard of available positions?

How do they communicate eachother?
How do they organize the application?
Who is in charge of staff communication?


....

I think it would be a waste of time.

I offer my help but they did not even ask me to send any note or any kind of application which listed my expertise/special skills... therefore, i would suspect that they would not be able to utilize any expertise that other residents offered, myself included...

I feel for all those volunteers. When the main organizer in charge do not even know what they need, only two weeks in prior to the opening of the event... the event would be disorganized and people will be frustrated and dissatisfied. They have to do extra work when they do not have time to take care or plan properly.

This is just *disaster* written all over it.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how they want to celebrate the aniversary? Another grand downtime? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that exhibitors are already working to build whatever they want to build.

    It is just the LL who are not put the central command operations HQ. (If there is one, it is totally invisible.)

    As for the role on my part, they asked me to translate wiki (kinda too late for that, since deadline has already passed) Translation of sign. (should be no problem)
    And organize/supervise the linguist/greeter. (OK, I suppose 2 weeks is more than enough???)

    ReplyDelete