Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mass Exodus of Japanese residents from SL

I cannot say that I am saddened to hear the mass Exodus of Japanese residents from SL. MagSL, Japanese company found exclusively for SL development purpose announced sale of their half of their regions.

The expectation of *fabulous internet community* was not what they thought it to be? I have not clue. They would probably blame it on slow localization by LL. Starting with Japanese client which every single menu is translated either wrongly or amateurishly. LL did not think they had to outsource the translation of *Help* *FAQ* *Edit* and resorted to use *babelfish* instead.
OMG. I am born and raised, fairly educated in first 31 years of my life.Addition to that, I used to work for computer company, translating English materials to Japanese.
I think I am fairly qualified to know computer menu are translated correctly.

And these SL japanese client, I have no fucking clue what the each of menu does. That is how bad they are.

No support for residents. (Oh I know they hired a couple of Japanese Linden. LOL They rejected me without testing my Japanese skills tho. They asked me how to find particle object. That was their concern for Japanese speaking LL liason? LOL)

The announcements of localization few days ago came too little too late.

In Japan, the pioneering company announced pulling out of the market, then guess what? EVERYONE COPIES!
You didn't know? Japanese people are like friggin lemming, marching themselves to wherever. LOL

So there comes all those pixel companies, trying to get rid of their pixel properties. Incapable of even running a basic English ad in classified, resorting to Japanese language forum outside SL. Their offering price is comparable to the price of Open space region, for a full fledged sim.

Anyways

Survival of the fittest. a la Darwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment