Monday, April 21, 2008

Disclaimer...

Read this.

I know all about it.
Back in the day, I had to deal with new salesperson who has no clue about the regulation about our own company logo Policy, which required us to get a permission from advertisement dept, or basically we had to go through advertisement dept to order anything with our company logo on it. I had to correct diligently about how the company name was mentioned in every fucking correspondences we sent.

Therefore, it is no surprise for me.

However, asking everyone to put disclaimer or *proper reference* in personal blog is ridiculous to the point of comedic term. Any casual reference is usually covered under the fair use law, and mentioning their name would not earn me any income... *snorts.

I put that stupid *TM* mark in title, since it was there before they decided to change the TOS. But after this day, I could probably get away without mentioning their trademark.

Aside from that... the abbreviation SL usually means *Steamed Locomotive* in Japan even to this day. I don't think the abbreviation in Japanese language can not be trademarked. (I guess that is why *In SL* was used instead of just *SL*.Don't quote me on that.DOnt have any time to read it nor interested in figuring it out.)

I used to mention their name several times a day. After today, Probably it would be only once in a several month, if that.

Take that as a positive exposure. Stupid, IMO.

3 comments:

  1. *throws a rook at you*
    a spoonful of freddy helps the..
    yea, i got nothin creative this morning..too early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. /me tackles Sabrina, licking her "Me neither, so maybe we should have morning fXXX, then?"

    ReplyDelete