Thursday, April 17, 2008

I don't babysit drunks in SL, because...

honestly put, it IS boring.
I usually am not fast enough to escape from SL, by pressing X button on top of the browser, however not before they went on about their *miserable RL* first.

Look, I am not trying to be an ass. So I rarely ignore IM, and I respond.

Usually, they start with mundane thing, but no reason to snap at them, therefore I just nod.
You think i can't tell you are drunk in IM? Think again. It is pretty obvious, sans the smell of alcohol, of course.

Then, they start to spill about their little heart content, usually ...

1.their miserable sex life in RL, or (I am not a sex counselor)

2.confused sexuality, or (I am not a GLBT community counselor)

3.divorce status...or (I am not a marriage counselor/divorce lawyer)

4.lack of relationship in RL, or (I am not a dating service)

5. all of the above, plus their insomnia or depression add to it...
(I am not a psychiatrist nor am I certainly Dr. Phil)


Have your RL and PLEASE, keep that to yourself.


I ask you ladies and gentlemen, Do I come across as *sympathetic, hand-holding best friend-in need, who always lend my shoulder to cry on* type?



I didn't think so.
I rest my case.




3 comments:

  1. LMAO... hey we must know the same people. The worst part is... the ONE I'm thinking of that would fit all of the above categories only IMs when drunk and needing to bitch. Heh go figure. I'd mute em but then they'd just call me since I know em RL too :P. At least in IMs they can't hear me laugh, sigh or complain to my hubby about them XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too sure if it's the same people all along. It's just that 90% of people in SL are total jerks and nutcases. And the other 10% that have halfway decent personalities behind the keyboard a lot are just interested in elitarian roleplay or milking the dumb 90% of their illbegotten camping money. What's left are about 2000 regular players that just run into each other again and again. All that it takes is perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perseverance... hmmm Human just persevere on the hopes of getting laid. (:P

    ReplyDelete